Energy Efficiency & Sustainability
Custom designing a home is more than simply developing a floor plan that meets your living requirements - achieving your desired level of energy efficiency is also of paramount importance in the design process.
Some of the elements we consider during the design process are:
- Colours - external walls and roof
- Eaves - size and location
- Glass - quantity and glazing options
- Insulation - most efficient options
- Internal temperature - maximising natural heating and cooling
- Lighting- maximising natural lighting and energy savings
- Living areas - room sizes and placement for maximum efficiency
- Orientation - optimum home sitting
- Solar Power/Hot Water - optional - as selected by you
- Trees - planting to increase energy efficiency
- Verandas and pergolas - located and designed for maximum efficiency
- Zoning - clever, functional & efficient design
We can also provide specific advice from our Sustainability Consultant regarding any another options you care to consider.
Contact us to discuss your new home
We initially engaged ‘Farmhouses Australia’ to design our house based on a few vague ideas. Quickly Sandy and her team very skilfully managed to transform these ideas into an energy-efficient and functionally highly effective design for a family home.